Monday, September 10, 2012

Animal Friends

Dragons,

I wanted to introduce you to our two lab pets: Cha-Cha and Thelma. My OUES friends have been having fun getting to know our lab pets during the past week!

Cha-Cha is our chinchilla.


She's a little shy but very sweet. She sleeps inside her home for most of the day, while taking breaks to run on her wheel or climb to the top of her cage for some food. When she decides to move, she darts around so quickly!


Thelma is our guinea pig.

There has been some discussion in the 4th grade as to Thelma's name; we had a hard time deciding if she is Thelma or if she is Frieda. It was a split decision, and I'd already been calling her Thelma (a tip from a few younger OUES friends), so we're going to stick with that name. :) 


She's a hoot! She runs around her cage and darts in and out of her little house all day long. Thelma likes attention, and she'll come to the edge of the cage to get a closer look at you if you get near. One thing I love about Thelma is that she greets me when I walk into the classroom in the morning. It's true: Thelma runs to the side of the cage and gives me a little squeak; it sounds like she's telling me, "Good morning, Mrs. K!"


Any time you're at OUES for a visit, make sure you stop in and say hello to our furry friends!


Photobucket  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. We loving hearing your feedback! Please check back for a comment reply.